Zero Waste Dental Set
Our refillable bamboo toothbrush is an eco-friendly alternative to the typical plastic toothbrush. The bamboo handle is 100% compostable and the bristles are bio-based Nylon 1010 produced from castor oil, NOT petroleum-based, like other nylon bristles out there. As of now, there is no better product in the market that is both biodegradable and vegan (e.g., horsehair toothbrush).
Did you know? It's estimated that over 4 billion toothbrushes end up in landfills, or worse, in the sea.
The set has 1 Bamboo Brush, 2 Refills, 6 toothpaste tablets, 1 Dental floss.
- bamboo-based: bamboo is not only sustainable but one of the fastest-growing plants. It uses 1/3 less water than cotton to grow, self-replenish, & more economical than other woods
- soft bristles: bristles are much finer than normal so they get fully between the teeth and leave a nice polish
- eco-friendly: an easy eco-friendly swap that makes a huge impact on the planet
- brush as instructed by dentists
- replace head in 3 months
- bristles: use a tweezer or pliers to remove the bristles from the head to recycle or throw them in the garbage if your city does not accept Nylon 1010 in its recycling scheme.
- handle: upcycle or compost (return to soil in 6 months)
- best kept in an open, dry area rather than an enclosed container where water accumulates
Q: are there 100% compostable & vegan bamboo brushes?
A: yes (and no...)!
- bamboo toothbrushes with horsehair or pig hair are 100% compostable, but they're not vegan and there's no way to guarantee a cruelty-free process
- bio-based bristles are made from castor oil but not biodegradable
- although these bristles will eventually return to the soil, you may recycle them at your local recycling facility or with Terracyle®